Welcome Note of Section Head
APS Gulmohar, Malir Cantt established in August 2014 and now within a year it has achieved great recognition and respect. Middle Section of APS Gulmohar is comprised of 14 Sections from grade IV to grade VIII. The total strength of students is 350. It has faculty of 27 hardworking, devoted, vigilant and efficient teachers.
As we are moving forward we will provide better support more opportunities to our students to achieve their dreams and aspirations. We are focused on the students’ physical and mental growth. We are transforming them to become future leaders and critical thinkers. Students of the campus are enthusiastic learners and surely will achieve their goals in life as they are guided by professionally groomed and highly trained staff members. This year our facility expanded to include a computer lab, a library and a fully equipped science lab. We have an on campus student counselor and this is to ensure that students get full support and remain emotionally healthy. The section is showing great progress in results from the very beginning.
I am proud to be among the pioneers of APS Gulmohar and Section Head of Middle Section where I find new challenges every day and great opportunity to grow professionally. It is immense pleasure to have a wonderful, hardworking and highly motivated team that makes the hard tasks easier to accomplish. It is our continuous commitment to provide a learning environment that is supportive, challenging and welcoming for the students.
- 2004 – Masters in Clinical Psychology University of Karachi.
- 2003 – Graduation(Hons)University of Karachi.
- 1997 – Intermediate(Science)PAF Inter College, MalirCantt, Karachi.
- 1995 – Matric(Science) Army Public School, MalirCantt, Karachi.
- Connecting Classroom by British Council Program.
- Raising Emotionally Healthy Children- SMILES Program of APSACS.
- Cooperative Learning Techniques.
- On job Staff Development Certificate Course and Diploma Course regarding Education and Teaching.
- Workshop on ADHD and Autism in Children, at Department of Psychology, University of Karachi.
- Workshop on Art Therapy at Visual Studies Department, University of Karachi.
- Counseling Skills and Understanding Trauma organized by LHRLA and UNICEF.
- Stress Management at work by Dr. Wajdan at APS Gulmohar, Malir Cant Karachi.
Areas of Expertise/Interest
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Classroom observation
- Leadership and managerial skills
- Educational methodology (Learning Theories)
- Planning and implementation
- Designing of School Improvement Plan and strategic Plan
- Good at time management
- Strong Communication and influencing skills
- Counseling and sound listening skills
- Good at report writing and research projects
- Have Knowledge of Psychological Tests
- Have knowledge of MS Office, Internet surfing, Power point presentations, E-mail writing
- Qualities of 21st Century Educator.
- How to write Planning and Evaluation according to APSACS Rules